Diving across the Pacific – Be Part of Our Success!
Delivered to you by Worldwide Dive and Sail, owners and operators of the Siren Fleet, we are constantly expanding our list of amazing dive destinations to provide you an unsurpassed live aboard diving experience. We are currently offering a range of 7 and 10 night experiences in Galapagos, Truk, French Polynesia, Bahamas, Red Sea and Maldives year round with many more superb diving destinations to follow!
Considered as one of the most experienced teams in the diving industry, Worldwide Dive and Sail is a forward-thinking, service-minded organisation that strives to provide you with the highest quality experience possible. We aim to continuously improve our services, standards and the quality of our operations across all of our fleets and brands. The quality of our staff is key to our success!
Join us! We constantly have new job opportunities!
Is responsible for and manages the entire booking process – from the initial inquiry to the sale, the invoicing and any necessary post-cruise follow-up – for his/her assigned destination;
Is responsible with the entire Reservations Team for the maintenance for the accurate upkeep of the entire booking system information at all times – including guests information, space availability and agents information;
Liaises with the Accounts Department for the issuance of correct invoices and any related transactions such as credit notes, refunds, etc.;
Ensures the transmission of information to the Central Operations Departments and the Local Operations Teams of all the necessary information so that the Operations Teams can deliver an outstanding service to our guests;
Carries out individual projects in line with the position as instructed.
Skills, competencies and experience
Only candidates with the following skills, competencies will be considered:
• Intermediate to advanced computer skills;
• Excellent command of spoken and written English;
• Organizational skills;
• High level of attention to detail;
• Highly customer service minded;
• Ability to follow process;
• Excellent communication skills;
• Ability to work independently as well as within a team;
• Ability to work with deadlines;
Candidates with the following experience will be preferred:
2 years experience working in Reservations or in the Travel industry.
Monday to Friday from 10:00 to 18:00 with extra Saturdays to be worked (with daily pay) based on a rotating schedule from 09:00-17:00 with a 1-hour break.
Senior Support Technician
The Senior Support Technician is responsible for setting up and maintaining servers and network infrastructures. He/she also provides technical IT support to all company staff to ensure smooth and reliable functioning of company computer systems. The Senior Support Technician reports to the IT Manager.
• Setup and maintain Linux and Windows servers and workstations;
• Setup and maintain LAN/WAN network infrastructure, including switch and router management, Internet connectivity and VPN;
• Assist in the implementation of future expansion of computer services within our head office as well as in destination locations;
• Liaise with staff in remote locations to assist them in resolution of IT-related problems. This may include periodic travel to any of our operating destinations if and when necessary;
• Complete and maintain full documentation of work done according to departmental guidelines;
• Strong written and verbal communication skills in English language – minimum TOEIC score of 550 or equivalent
• Minimum 5 years experience in implementing and maintaining workstation, networking and server systems including both Windows and Linux servers. Experience with VMWare is an asset;
• Works well within a team environment. Goal-oriented and able to work with minimal supervision.
Experience in any of the following areas would be considered an additional asset:
• Managing Google Apps (G-Suite) for Business;
• Asterisk phone systems, Mikrotik routers and switches.
• An understanding of satellite network systems especially KVH equipment using Ku and C Band.
• Experience working with any of the following server applications: Apache and/or NGnix web server, MySQL server, Postfix, Samba, OwnCloud, Elastic Search, WordPress.
Monday to Friday from 09:00 to17:00 with a 1-hour break.
All applicants must include in their application a certificate of language proficiency (AFCTL or TOEIC or equivalent).
Regional Destination Manager
The Regional Destination Manager (RDM) is responsible for the overall management of a defined set of destinations where the company operates owned vessels or vessels in a Joint Venture. The Regional Destination Manager manages and provides leadership to The Destination Managers (DM) within his/her portfolio of destinations. The Regional Destination Manager is based in Thailand’s Phuket Head Office and reports to the Managing Director Destination Management (MDDM).
Detailed responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Overall running of the operations:
• Coordinate with the Destination Managers regarding the key aspects of the day to day operations in his/her destination portfolio – including holding meetings via communication channels with DM’s with an agenda and action points documented promptly;
• Follow up on customer satisfaction and provide leadership and problem solving if Customers Satisfaction ratings drops below agreed levels. Authorise compensation at agreed specific sums in case of justified complaint;
• Support the DM with problem-solving solutions to any problems occurring and crisis management;
• Ensure timely monthly reporting by gathering reports from defined destinations, analyse them and report to the MDDM;
• Approve purchases for major work in a timely fashion and line with delegation levels. Request the use of the Central Maintenance team and of specialist contractors as and when required if repairs or maintenance can’t be executed locally;
• Approve maintenance schedules with the DM for defined destination and work together with the Maintenance Manager towards improvement and synergies;
• Guide and oversee the implementation of the company Ships Management System required on all company vessels;
• Approving holidays for DM and assure cover if necessary so that running of the operations is not disrupted and move employees to different destinations where necessary and possible in emergencies or holidays.
Cost control and analysis:
• Manage costs by following up on running cost the destinations within his/her portfolio and discuss and find solutions with the DM if the cost goes out of the budget. This includes management of stock balances and working with destination management to move stock around as required;
• Identify and implement cost savings measures to lower operational costs, increase efficiency and OBS (onboard sales) wherever possible;
• Review budgets developed by the DM and report to MDDM for approval;
• Monthly meetings with the MDDM to analyse and discuss actual operational cost compared to budget and suggest improvement;
• Responsible for achieving OBS revenue targets and margins. Follow up on monthly stock checks;
• Responsible for the brand implementation and ensure in cooperation with the Destination Planning and Development Department that cross marketing is executed on all vessels as implemented by the marketing department and the MDDM;
• Ensure Employees have bought into the policies of the brand implementation (engagement);
• Ensure staff training schedules are followed.
• Support and coach the DM;
• Support DM to find the right staff for any position in the destinations within his/her portfolio;
• Execute two times per year Employee Performance Reviews for DM.
• Customer satisfaction is at the agreed level in all defined destinations including the management of customer complaints in an efficient way to avoid escalation
• Employee engagement – Ensuring that staff including DM are supported and therefore they identify them with the company and the staff turnover is managed to ideally 10-15%
• Budget for all destination within his/her portfolio is established promptly
• Brand implementation is visible on all vessels and cross marketing is up to date
• Cost management – Operational cost are within or below set budget for all defined destinations
• A stock value between all designated destination is not excessive, and there is a minimum “past due date” stock.
• Employees were rotated around between destinations wherever possible to reduce cost of additional staff
• Monthly reports regarding destination performance produced promptly
• Reporting cycle is in place for maintenance, customer satisfaction, employees H&S and fire training. All reports are available anytime for all defined destinations, and they are analysed and compared to destinations. Best practice is in place.
• Performance reviews for employees are completed promptly
• On board sales targets (as per budget) and margins are achieved or exceeded
Skills, competencies and experience
Only candidates with the following skills/competencies/experiences will be considered:
• 7 to 10 years experience in the diving and or liveaboard industry
• 5 years in a management position
• Experience in working with different cultures and nationalities
• Strong organisational skills
• Leadership skills
• Interpersonal skills
• Problem solving skills
• Data driven with understanding of basic finances to be able to read, interpret and derive actions from financial reports
Candidates with the following skills/competencies/experiences will be preferred:
• Experience as hospitality resort manager;
Hours of Work
9 to 5 – Monday to Friday.
If excessive weekend or overtime is required, TOIL (time off in lieu) will be considered but must be pre-approved before claiming.
International – this position requires up to 30% of the time away from the Thailand HQ office in International destinations.
Emergency Situations – On call in line with crisis management guidelines.
Interested candidates can send a CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: 19th of May 2017
Please send your application with full CV (resume) and photo to email@example.com
We will endeavor to respond to each application in turn, however, due to the high volume of applications we receive, only those who meet the above listed requirements for each role will be guaranteed a response.